Spring is finally starting, our favorite season! Why do you prefer it? Because the heavy coats and stockings are finally back in the attic and the time for sandals , dresses fluttering in the wind and nude look makeup begins.
But since all that glitters is never gold, spring is also the time – alas – for getting back into shape. However, we do not despair, we try to find – as it is in our spirit – a beautiful way to do even the less pleasant things.
What are we talking about? To get back in shape with taste, with healthy and light but equally tasty foods. The recipe that we propose today goes in this direction, a salad of fennel and salmon morsels that will take very little time and you can easily take to work for a quick lunch or to the park for a picnic in the open air.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the fennel and salmon bite-sized salad:
- 200 g of smoked salmon
- 1 fennel
- 4 small (or 2 large) oranges
- 1 bergamot
- 2 slices of bread
- Sesame and poppy seeds
- Spreadable cheese
- Soy sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil and salt
How to prepare the fennel, orange, salmon, and almond salad
- Let’s start preparing our fennel and salmon morsels salad by cutting two slices of bread into small pieces and toasting them with a little extra virgin olive oil in a pan.
- We then peel the oranges and make them into small pieces; we wash the fennel and remove the outer part. Cut them into wedges and put them aside.
- Roll out the smoked salmon and spread a little cream cheese on each slice, taking care not to damage the salmon.
- After spreading the cheese on each slice, roll the salmon on itself and place it in a container. We do the same thing for each slice until a bed of salmon bites forms at the bottom of the container. At this point, we are ready to add the other ingredients we had kept aside.
- The order for adding ingredients can be random. The last step for our salad, however, is always a sprinkle of bergamot, to flavor and give an even fresher taste.
- If you don’t have fresh bergamot available, you can replace it with lime or lemon.
- Everything is ready: you just have to taste it! If you take it to the office for lunch or to the park for a light brunch in the open air, our advice is to use the Virosac lidded food trays, perfect for storing food in the fridge and transporting it anywhere thanks to the convenient lid. sealed that does not let bad smells pass.
- The trays are also dishwasher safe: remember to reuse them so as not to waste anything and help the environment.
Spring has begun, we just have to enjoy it to the fullest!